Netpower is a privately held global software company established in 1995 with offices in Norway, United States, and Vietnam. We have more than 150 employees and among our clients you will find a considerable amount of large public, state-owned and private businesses.
We deliver a wide range of services, including a wide variety of packaged products that we provide as SaaS services to our customers. We also do custom development projects for customers on .Net Core, NodeJS, Golang, Python, Java, Php, Flutter, React Native, ReactJS, Angular, SQL, NoSQL, Redis, Firebase, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Azure, AWS and other cutting-edge technologies. We have very solid expertise on UX design, advanced HTML5 development, digital marketing, and project management.
Among our customers are:
- Norway’s largest Rig Operator using our CMS.
- Norway’s largest Hospital using our HSEQ system.
- Norway’s largest Safety Data Sheet using our Workplace Safety system.
- Norway’s largest Bus Transport using our Tracking apps.
- Norway’s largest Ministry of Culture agency responsible for art and culture for school pupils.
- Norway’s largest Chain of Tire Stores using our ERP software.
- Norway’s second largest Bank using our stockbroker software.
- Norway’s second largest Municipality using our messaging software.
- Norway’s second largest chain of Pizza restaurants has all its IT systems hosted in our Datacenter.
- Worldwide Tire Manufacture using Magento web shop delivered by our e-Commerce team.
Netpower Vietnam has vacant positions for IT Engineer that located at our Vietnam office to join our ever-expanding product team. You will join an existing international team of great people and will have a chance to contribute to a great success story while learning and growing with us.
The IT Engineer will work on our Datacenter team, providing IT support for Vietnam office and helping to maintain our large-scale production environment (CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows Server…) in Norway. The scope of work includes server/hardware installations, OS upgrades, security updates, configuration management, and security administration. The position will also provide opportunities to work on technologies such as Plesk, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet as well as opportunity to explore and recommend newer technologies.
Primary responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provide IT support for Vietnam office (50+ Software developers);
- Preparing, and configuring computer hardware, and software for all employees.
- Support and maintain Linux/Windows production servers and virtual machines hosted in our data centers;
- Perform server builds, configuration, backups and patches, with a focus on automation;
- Support development teams on system deployments and performance optimizations;
- Troubleshoot application issues related to network, OS, configuration, and supported platforms;
- Implement, monitor, and maintain system backups;
- Provide documentation of configuration and troubleshooting procedures to facilitate other team members;
- Close daily interaction with Datacenter members and Software developers in both Vietnam and Norway.
Required qualifications are as follows:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject;
- 1+ years working experience in production environment, including proven experience running 24×7 services;
- 1+ years Linux/Windows experience with a solid understanding of performance tuning and end-to-end troubleshooting;
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the hardware, network, OS, and application levels.
Nice to have:
- Certifications such as Linux+, CCNA or MCSA;
- Experience with networking (TCP/IP, VLANs, switches, routers, firewalls);
- Experience in large-scale data center environment. Understanding of enterprise level networking and storage equipment installs;
- Experience administrating and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira or Jenkins;
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible or Chef);
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies is a Plus: Web technologies (Nginx, Apache, PHP, Memcached…);
- Database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, MSSQL);
- Container and VM technologies (VMware, Docker, Hyper-V, Proxmox).
For inquiries about this vacancy, please contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 028 66 762 406